We are now hiring for Street Ambassadors
Purley Business Improvement District is a not for profit company led by local businesses. Their objective is to create a more active community and support local businesses on issues of concern. Purley BID team is looking for street ambassadors to be the key link between the business community and the BID Company.
Job title Street Ambassador
Reports to Purley BID delivery team
Responsible for Delivery of Business Improvement District
Main respon sibilities:
• To inform businesses on BID initiatives and projects;
• To develop and maintain relationships with businesses and promote the sharing of information across the BID area;
• To assist and support the BID Management Team with activities such as events, meetings and crime reduction initiatives;
• To understand the flow of information and what messages should appropriately be given out to businesses.
• To monitor the street environment and ensure that paving and street furniture is reported if defective; Flyposting or Fly tipping is photographed and dealt with immediately or reported to the relevant departments within the Council for removal;
• To patrol in and around the designated BID area on a weekly basis;
• To be alert to and where possible, deter anti-social behaviour in the area, reporting cases where necessary;
• To identify and move on beggars in the area and inform the Police;
• To identify rough sleepers and inform relevant agencies;
• To maintain appropriate records and to communicate and liaise with the appropriate BID staff promptly;
• Ensure that the correct uniform is worn at all times whilst on duty;
• Any other duties commensurate with the level of the post as may over time become necessary.
• Educated to GCSE/O-Level
• Positive, enthusiastic self-starter
• Experience of building relationships with key stakeholders within the community;
• Experience of handling challenging situations;
• An understanding of Business Improvement Districts;
• To have an understanding of the diversity and culture within the local area;
• Understanding of Health & Safety Legislation.
• Confident in handling sensitive situations on an individual or group basis;
• Able to inspire and attract business member involvement in the BID and the services the BID offers;
• Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal;
• The ability to display tact, diplomacy with good negotiation;
• Willingness to do walkabouts throughout the local area as required;
• Good Team Player
Salary: £7.20 per hour, up to 10 hours per week
The Ambassador role will be trialled for 6 months. If successful, after review, the Ambassador role will be planned to run for the term of the BID through to February 2021.
The contract with the successful candidates will be reviewed annually from the start date with 1-month notice period either way.