Continue the Purley Festival and develop other celebratory opportunities to build footfall
Purley has many challenges – a high number of vacant properties, a lack of marketing of the town and finding persuasive reasons to shop and use services in the town.
Marketing harder and smarter is a key role of the BID team and the businesses working together. No single business can achieve this, but through organised activity we can do much more:
- Develop the Purley Festival and other celebratory opportunities to build footfall and community spirit.
- Improve seasonal marketing of the area with banners, improved Christmas lights, summer seasonal festive lighting, and encourage a pleasant atmosphere all year-round for shoppers, clients, diners and pub-goers.
- Put up prominent permanent signage - to identify Purley to welcome visitors and improve return rates.
- Engage more custom with a Purley Town Website and Social Media facilities to inform about Purley shops, events and attractions.
- Publish a Newsletter as a source of information for businesses about our BID activity.
- Improve cosmetic appeal of empty shops to get better appeal of the streets in general.